My First Ever Jjajangmyun

Hey Guys!

This is just a super quick food review, we bumped on to this Korean food counter called Seoul Kimbap located at Landmark Trinoma Foodcourt (the new one). I'm a sucker for Korean Dramas, so I was really curious about this noodle dish with brownish-black sauce that the characters in those dramas always eat, it's called Jjajjangmyun and when I saw the menu, it's the first thing that I've order from the counter.

I was expecting this to be a bit salty (I love salty food!) but unfortunately it's a bit bland, it also looked different from the Jjajangmyun that I've seen on TV shows, it looks like instant noodles with a bit of black brown bean sauce and with teeny tiny bits of veggies? Artificial meat? I really can't tell. :'(

Jjangmyun Php139 served with iced tea, side dish, and egg soup.

Good thing we've ordered two more dishes from the counter, their Curry Rice which we really liked, beef strips and potatoes in curry sauce topped over rice, it tastes like the usual Japanese Curry but a bit sweeter and not so spicy.
Curry Rice Php159 served with iced tea, side dish, and egg soup.

And their Spicy Seafood Ramen, which is a step up from the jjajangmyun.
Spicy Seafood Ramen Php139 served with iced tea, side dish, and egg soup.

And that's it! I was really disappointed with the Jjajangmyun, good thing that the Curry and Ramen is not as bad, I'm still looking for a Korean resto here on my area that offers Jjajangmyun and hopefully I'll find an authentic one. :)

'till next time!

XoXo
Paula :)


Comments

Popular Posts